"Planning Perfection One Event at a Time"

Thursday, July 16, 2015

DIY Wedding Gift

Wedding season can be expensive when you are a guest or bridal party member. I generally recommend sticking to the registry. However, there are times when giving a homemade gift means more. If you have a close friend that would appreciate a gift from the heart, go for it! Below is a homemade shadow box gift I made for close friends. If the couple is from different states or countries, this is really special. 

How To Steps:
1. Go to craft store and pick out card stock paper of choice. I chose white because I wanted a clean look. Get extras just in case you mess up. 
2. Get shadow box frame. I got mine from Hobby Lobby (50% off) 8x8.
3. Find photos of maps. I used Google search and pasted the images into Word. Trace a heart shape, and cut out. 
4. In a separate Word document, type couple's name and wedding date. Print a test page before printing on nice paper.
5. Cut paper to fit frame. Use double sided tape or adhesive to mount heart. I drew in hearts with a connecting line to illustrate where the couple's hometown is. 
Your masterpiece is complete!





No comments:

Post a Comment