"Planning Perfection One Event at a Time"

Monday, January 30, 2017

where is the gift table?

When I'm coordinating an event, usually weddings, what question do I get asked the most? Besides, where is the bathroom?.... Where do I put my gift? I usually offer to take the gift and set it down myself. However, there are many times when guests insist on doing it themselves especially when it's an envelope (filled with money!!). I'm an honest person...sweet and innocent, but nevertheless they don't trust me to take it for them. That's totally fine! ;) I proceed to point them in the right direction and continue with my job. Okay...so if you are planning your event, please include GIFT signage on the designated table. It doesn't have to be fancy. If you are my client, I usually offer to bring my sign for you or make one for a minimal fee. This minor detail is often overlooked, but is helpful to include. Also, be sure to have something for cards to go into so they don't go missing. At the end of the event, have the coordinator (or someone else you trust) to put all the cards into a large gallon zip lock bag. This step is an additional security measure. Put that zip lock bag into your purse/over night bag that is to go into the limo/send off/departure vehicle. Now you have all the money and don't have to wait until the next day to see what you got! Hope this tid bit helps. 

Ideas for Card Boxes 
- basket 
- large glass vase (wide brim) 
- bird cage
- vintage suit case 
- regular card box (sold at local craft store)









No comments:

Post a Comment